Do any of these scenarios sound familiar?
- As a parent, you want nothing more than to stay at home with your kids, but your financial situation is such that you feel as though it may never be possible.
- You feel completely trapped in your 9-5, you’re working a job you hate, and you can’t see a way out.
- You and your spouse dream of starting a family, but question whether you’ll ever make enough money for it to become a reality.
- No matter how many raises you get at work, making your money last until payday is always a challenge. In fact, you often find yourself borrowing from your credit card or line of credit just to get there.
The struggle is real.
The situations I’ve described above are real.
They are, in fact, the everyday reality for millions of families across North America, at all income levels.
The financial pressure can be overwhelming. It tears apart marriages, uproots families, and causes people to lose hope.
The good news is that for most, the story doesn’t have to end this way.
Why This Blog Exists
I started Mystery Money Man in August of 2016 to help families who are fed up with the struggle.
It’s for anyone who would love an answer to the question:
Can someone with a NORMAL income have a family AND experience financial freedom?
The answer is YES, but most tend to see it as one or the other, not both.
You can call me Mystery Money Man, or MMM for short. : )
I’m married to the beautiful Mrs. MMM, and we live in the midwest with our three teenage kids, in a place I consider the ‘heart’ of the continent.
During our 18 years of marriage, we’ve been on a journey to create a lifestyle that maximizes our freedom and minimizes financial stress.
It didn’t happen overnight.
Early on, I made my share of money mistakes, mostly through overspending becoming too comfortable with debt.
I was preoccupied with acquiring status, and didn’t even realize it.
What I was really doing was keeping my family from experiencing the life we really wanted.
Over time, I stopped caring about having the nicest car, or the newest gadgets, and together, my wife and I began to create a more fulfilling life.
We’re still on our journey, but our decision to live differently has already paid huge dividends:
- it’s allowed my wife to stay at home with our kids full-time, even when our family income was less than $40,000 year
- we’ve been able to travel extensively, and have mastered the art of pulling off epic road trips on less than $1000. : )
- we’ve been able to save for our children’s education.
- we’ve avoided the constant harried lifestyle many families with kids have become accustomed to.
- Most of all, living differently has given us more of that most precious, non-renewable resource: time.
But all of this is not about us.
It’s about you, and your story, and why you’re here.
Did You Know?
Improving your financial situation has very little to do with being good with numbers, and a lot more to do with your mindset.
You need to change the way you think about money, and what’s important to you.
What do you really want out of life?
Can a fancy house or luxury SUV ever make you happy?
Or will it just keep you in the rat race, never truly fulfilled, never getting ahead.
How Can I Help You?
If you relate to the struggle I described earlier, there is a better way. It’s a story I’d love to help you write.
Where to Start
This blog contains almost 100 posts (and counting), all written with the goal of building stronger families. Feel free to binge read in chronological order, or browse by category from our main menu.
In addition to the blog, I offer private financial mentoring, and would love to work with you to help you achieve your goals, and create the ideal lifestyle for your family.
Over and above my role as a husband and dad to three teenagers, I’ve carved out a successful career in the financial services industry, and have helped thousands of families manage their money for close to twenty years.
I’ve sat on the boards of numerous organizations, and as a people leader, have had the opportunity to serve over 100 employees.
If you’re interested in a mentoring relationship, head to my Work With Me page for more details, or to get the process started!
Become an Email Subscriber
This is the easiest way to get the most from the Mystery Money experience.
As an email subscriber, you not only receive new posts directly to your inbox, you get exclusive access to the Mystery Money Insider, my monthly newsletter.
Email subscribers are also eligible for free giveaways and special promotions that I’ll run from time-to-time.
Thank you so much for stopping by.
I would love for you to join the journey, and help you write your story in any way I can.